Sunday, March 9, 2014

National Women's Day- March 8th

 Saturday was national Woman's Day here in Italy.  I celebrated by being fully woman- with my husband and children.  One of the greatest blessings of being a woman is that I can be a wife and mother.  I love these kids more than life itself.  Even though some days I think that I might go gray overnight, I don't.  I have good and bad moments as a mother, but I also have golden, heavenly moments where I hope that I never, ever forget how happy and content I feel.  Going to the beach on Saturday with my family was one of those moments.  It was also surrounded by crying, and pinching in the car, followed by ear splitting screaming.  But there are those moments in time where it's all worth it!


 We also did our first kite flying with the kids thanks to a kite that they were given recently.

We also talked about the wise man and the foolish man and building a house on sand.  So we tried to build a "house" on the sand, and yes, it did wash away, before we could even build it... multiple attempts.

I'm so grateful to be a woman.  It means that I can love, I can care, I can give my heart, I can feel caresses and wet, disgusting kisses that melt my heart.  It means that I can hold my husband's hand, and feel his warmth and know that I'm loved to death for being imperfect me.  It means that I can give life, and nourish it, and to teach that life I've given to be good and do good.  It means that I can make others around me better.  It means that I can choose who I am and what I become.  I know that I'm a daughter of my creator and that I was created with purpose and meaning.  This is reassuring to me when my brain cells have stopped working for hours on end because of sleep deprivation.  I'm grateful to be me!

No comments: