Thursday, September 26, 2013

Maggie to visit

 My friend and old co-worker from the ER, came to visit me for 5 days.  First of all, I was nervous shortly before she came thinking: "I just invited her to come and stay on my couch!  Will it be comfortable to sleep on?  Will she be able to handle me getting up multiple times a night to get bottles for Isabel.  Will my demanding kids, and multiple children melt downs (excluding my own) be a little overwhelming?!"

It turns out that she was a fabulous house guest.  Wasn't bugged our craziness, and I had a lot of fun hanging out and speaking my own language full time for a few days.  It was also great for me to get know Maggie better.  We knew each other in the context of work.  I think that sometimes we get to know people in layers.  The more we know a person, the better it is to understand them, and to be able to relate to and love them.

I loved having a friend come visit!  We went to the beach one day, Florence another day, and around Bologna the other days.
the beach in Marina Romea


 This picture was taken in Bologna by a few stands where they had used things for 1-3 euros.  My idea of shopping!  One other thing that I like about Maggie is that she loves D.I. (a thrift store in Utah) as much as I do, and she understands my love for shopping economically, and finding what my husband calls junk treasures.

saying good-bye at the train station

porta mazzini

ruins of the city wall, Bologna

Montagnolo Bologna

ponte vecchio, Florence

1 comment:

Lisa Thornton said...

Wow - how fun. I haven't seen Maggie since Cottonwood. Looks like fun! Lisa