Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rough Day

So have you ever had a frustatingly hard day? That was me yesterday morning. I'm trying to get ready to go to preschool. Aaron had stripped naked and was running around the house (something we don't usually allow). He was running away from me and laughing. So I locked him in his room in time out and told him he could get out when he was dressed. In the mean time I'm trying to hurry and take a shower. My bathroom was disgusting and I hurried and washed the sink. Then I went down stairs to switch the laundry before showering. Jordan had been playing really well by himself.
I came upstairs and found him like this. The only thing that kept me from flipping is a promise I made to myself to not cry over spilled milk with the kids. So I hurried and took a picture and then quickly undressed Jordan, washed him off and made him drink water before calling poison control just to make sure I didn't need to watch for anything.
They recommended that I give him a bath too. So as I get ready to give Jordan a bath, Aaron calls me from his room stating he is dressed. I open the door and he is still buck naked, and is so excited to show me that he peed in the little potty. He also had pooped all over the floor. How on earth did he do one in the port-a-potty and the other on the floor?
So then while they were bathing I'm trying to clean up Comet, and it wouldn't go away. Sweeping it was like moving it around. I tried to vaccum it. That was a little better, but still all over. So then I had to wash my whole upstairs, plus vaccum the whole upstairs, plus do at least 3 loads of wash because the powder was all over his bed too.
THEN I got to clean up poop. We were really late for preschool and I was exhausted!
Thank heavens most days aren't like that. I also realize that I have so much to be grateful for- that I have two happy, healthy children that still do relatively small damage. That are able to do damage (verses being in a hospital or otherwise handicapped). Now that it's the next day I feel a lot better about everything. So bad days don't last forever.

3 comments:

Scott and Karin said...

UGH! I feel your pain! It's a good thing it usually only lasts that day!

Julie said...

OH wow! What a mess! I'm sorry it was a tough day.......... somedays I just look at Hannah and say, "SERIOUSLY?!"

Hope today is better.

I need your address. Will you either leave a comment on my blog with it or email me at julescnelson@gmail.com? We want to send you a Christmas card! xoxo

Margiana said...

Poor Julie... I will probably relate pretty soon. Lots of love to you and your beautiful kids!