Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Sunday (March 4th) was my birthday. I turned 33. I'm still young enough to admit to my age. :) My husmband gave me the best birthday present ever- an afternoon off from being mom. We had stake conference in Venice. So after 2 hours of driving up. 2 hours of trying to keep the boys good and calm (which they did suprisingly well). So we played at the park for 2 hours. My friend Brianna who lives in Bologna came up to the conference too. She suprised me by making these delicious cookies! They were so yummy. We also splurged on strawberries, which the boys devoured.

I love Aaron's face.


Thank you to Paolo for sending me into Venice with some friends and taking the boys the rest of the day by himself. He drove 2 hours home, alone. Kept two very active boys busy for a whole afternoon, alone. Put the boys to bed, alone. Put them back in bed a total of 9 times, alone. Jordan got up 5 different times after being put in bed because he wanted to be cuddled. Aaron was beyond difficult to put back to bed- 4 times. Thank you to my sweetheart for letting me have fun, for taking two busy boys, and mostly for loving me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This is my friend Rosangela. She was our tour guide and we had so much fun.
The grand canale from Ponte Rialto.
My friend Paige and her husband Mike. Little Ada was a trooper in the stroller the whole time!



I love the windows in Venice!

6 comments:

The Tylkas said...

I knew it was soon! Happy birthday! What a wonderful gift!!!

Kati said...

I'm so glad you had a good day! What a beautiful places to spend your birthday.

Heidi said...

what an awesome birthday! I'm glad you got an afternoon to just enjoy :) these pictures make me so excited to come visit! It's almost your turn to play tour guide!! YAY!!!!

Pedersen Posse said...

Happy Birthday! What a nice way to spend the day.

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

How fun. I love Venice

Scott and Karin said...

What an awesome hubby! It is beautiful there. Julie, we will come and see you one day, I promise!