Friday, October 25, 2013

the generous tooth fairy


I've told a few people this story but want to remember it.  Last week Aaron lost his third tooth.  He was soooooooo excited for the tooth fairy to come.  That night was one of many where Isabel woke up all night long and I was still shell shocked.  I got up at 7 a.m. to realize that Aaron was about to wake up and the tooth fairy (aka me) hadn't come yet.  I don't even want to imagine the disappointment.  It'd be almost like Santa Claus not coming.

So in the dark I hurried and grabbed what I thought were 50 cent coins.  I snuck into the room and lucky for me I had convinced Aaron to put his tooth in a zip lock bag so that it would be easier to find.  As I was making the exchange Aaron woke up.  I pretended to be so excited that I went to find out if the tooth fairy had come.  He jumped up with excitement and found the coins.  He was so excited!

He ran into the bathroom and said, "look!  The tooth fairy brought me 2 euros and 50 euros!"  It turns out one of those 50 cent coins was really a 2 euro coin.  Aaron was rolling in the dough in his eyes and was thrilled.  We went to choose a toy to buy.  To my good boy's credit he wanted to buy a toy for Jordan too.

Aaron blowing bubbles for Isabel.  So cute!

1 comment:

Brianna Smith said...

i love that he wanted a toy for Jordan too! How precious!