Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sewing Projects

So I started to sew a little in Italy, and I've recently joined a quilting group to start getting a little better. I made this apron very last minute for a bridal shower for a cousin. My cousin Kim is getting married and the bridal shower theme was "honey-do list". So I whipped this up out of my fabric stash (because I decided to go 2 days before and didn't have time to go to the fabric store).


This is my first quilt from start to finish that I did everything all by myself. I paper pieced the top. I then did free motion quilting to quilt it together, and then sewed on the binding. It was a lot of work for a novice like me. Modesty aside I'm quite proud of myself and I really like this quilt.











2 comments:

Briawna said...

nice job. way better than my first quilt.

Pedersen Posse said...

Impressive! Kimmy looks so cute in your apron.