Wednesday, July 10, 2013

bad fabric experience

not grey fabric!

One nice thing about having my mom come visit is that she was able to bring us things from the states, including what I dream about most- fabric!  I had made an order from fabric.com because I really wanted some grey fabric.  When I opened the small package, I was horrified to find this ugly piece of fabric instead of grey fabric.  The tag on it says Kona Grey, but um, it's most obviously not grey.

I emailed fabric.com with how upset I was about the mistake.  They emailed me back saying that there is a 30 day return policy and I was at 35 days and so sorry, too bad.

I wrote an email back explaining again how unsatisfied I was, that I didn't have a chance to check the package within that 30 days to please reconsider.

They did decide to a one-time only refund.  So I was grateful to have not lost my money on some really, really ugly fabric.  I will think twice about orders in the future, but likely will purchase from them again because they have good prices.

2 comments:

Briawna said...

I'be been ordering from fabric.com for over three years and I've only had this happen once. My experience with their customer service dept. has been pretty good. Though it is baffling how anyone tagging that fabric could mistake it for kona grey!

Unknown said...

I don't think it's that bad! Make something for me from it! :)