Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

 Motherhood is God's greatest (and hardest) gift He's given to women.  But I wouldn't trade it for all the world!  My life is filled with things that are hard, wonderful, exasperating, thrilling, shocking, precious, tiring, straining to the limits, and fill me up to the brim with joy.  Sometimes all felt within seconds, and sometimes I get to be stuck in one of those emotions for a while.  But what we work hardest for we prize most.

So today I get to celebrate hard work, gut wrenching love that keeps me going, and knowing that I'm not alone in a very sacred calling to raise these little ones.  One because I have a wonderful husband who is a good father, and two because I have a Heavenly Father and a Savior who never, ever leave me alone in this mess  great work that I get to do.  Sometimes I get moments of peaceful reassurance, and sometimes I get to sweat it out.  But I am and we are never alone in this.  What I do, and what I say, and who I am DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE because I am a mother!

So wether it's hand holding goodness, slobbery kisses, spilled milk, crying through the night for the 6th year running, my son saying to my husband: "you sure picked a beautiful mommy"  "hai scelto una bella mamma!", or the mud-slinging part of motherhood, I'm grateful for it all!







No comments: