Friday, May 2, 2014

wanting a pet

 Last week Aaron was off of school for a couple of days while the other two had school.  I took advantage to go see some friends with Aaron.  They have a rabbit, and Aaron loved the rabbit.

While visiting with our friends they asked me if the kids have ever asked for a pet.  Not really, and I felt myself kind of fortunate.  Famous last words!
On the bus ride home I asked Aaron what his favorite part of the day had been, and he told me that holding the rabbit was his favorite part (first even before eating gelato- ice cream!).  He then promptly asked me if we could get a rabbit.  He's asked several times since then if we can get a rabbit.  Not too long ago we had considered getting an animal for the kids.  After a  trip to the pet store we decided to wait and hold off for now.  A rabbit would have been one of our first choices for a pet.  Since we're only a little over a month out from our trip home for two months it's not even thinkable at this point!  So here's to dreaming about one day having a rabbit....

No comments: