Monday, June 2, 2014

bugged out


There are a few things in life that I don't love, not too many, but a few.  BUGS is one of them, especially especially these critters.  It looks like a cockroach, but it's not.  It smashes pretty easily.  The other night our calendar fell off the wall it was taped to.  The next morning when I went to pick it up and re-tape it, this big bad guy was stuck to the tape.  I had no idea that they were coming into my house.  Try not to barf thinking about it.  My gag reflex goes into overdrive just thinking about it.

 Jordan had his end of year school program last week.  This kid is getting so big!

Jordan batting
 Today (June 2nd) is Italy's national Independence day (or something very like that).  We had a baseball tournament all day in a city called Rovigo.  It was hot and long to be chasing Isabel around in the sun.  But it was worth it to be together as a family for a whole day.  We don't get many of those, and considering I'm about to be gone for 2 months with the kids, it was just what we needed!
Aaron catching

team photo at the end of the day

 Today was one of those days where you just need a popsicle!  It was sooooo refreshing on such a warm day, and in the sun for so long.
 I love this picture because Jordan took it of his daddy.  I'm realizing more and more how much I'm going this man of mine while we're gone, and not because he's such a good help with the kids and around the house.  I'm going to miss his companionship, his hugs and kisses, his strength that he brings to me and to the kids.  Sigh.  It's a sacrifice, but at the same time I'm so happy to be going home.  I also feel like I'm leaving home too.  It's a weird sensation.

No comments: