Monday, February 23, 2015

PISA

 Yesterday we left Bologna early in the morning with rain and cold wreaking havoc.  We drove over the mini Alps, and we were greeted by sunshine and 18°C (about 65 F).  We went to church in Pisa, and then went for a quick trip to see the leaning tower of Pisa.
 I had forgotten how beautifully white the marble is.  It was an absolutely beautiful day.
 Isabel woke up with a limp in her left leg and could barely walk so we had to carry her to and from and all around the tower.  I suspect she might have toxic synovitis.  Fortunately our parking lot was close by and my arms are well trained to carrying her around (she often gets carried to school).

 The marble and designs are beautiful.  I actually think the diamond in the middle of the arches would make a beautiful quilt block!




 I also think it'd be fun to free-motion quilt something like this onto a quilt.  It won't ever happen though.




 The LDS chapel in Pisa.

No comments: