Sunday, April 26, 2015

Flooding

Our house flooded, or precisely my bathroom and bedroom. The shower is hooked up to the sewage system to the house above and to just that bathroom. We're at ground level. The affluent pipe got blocked by calcification and everything came up through our shower and onto the floor in the bathroom and then into my bedroom. Thank heavens we found it shortly after it started. This is the second time we've had this major disaster.
The first time this happened it was feces filled. This time drain-o filled. Smelled like a swimming pool (instead of an out-house). I was exceptionally lucky that I got most of the things out from under my bed, and especially my two small suit cases with my fabric in it before they got wet. Divine intervention right there!
We had some emergency man come and unblock the pipe. And we got into bed really late. And to top it off Isabel vomited all night long and I slept very little.
Despite all of that, I feel pretty good today. I feel grateful to be alive, and to be me!

No comments: