Sunday, June 7, 2015

To Jordan...

So my life was changed when my first child was born, but it was deepened and more profoundly changed when along came Jordan.  I feel like I went from being awed to being wowed after Jordan came into our lives.  He absolutely hates being the "second" and the middle child.  When I was pregnant with him and shortly after he was first born I wondered why on earth God would give me this child as my second and what his place in our family was.  Little did I know what a gift and blessing he would be, and still is.  Jordan brings peace to those around him.  He is sensitive and intuitive of the needs of those around him.  He brings harmony.  He's been a best friend and playmate for Aaron, and also a good friend for Isabel.  He's always had a fun and silly smile that lights up those around him.  He has a great gift and talent for noticing detail.  It's a talent that helps him in drawing.  He absolutely loves to draw.  He spends a lot of time at school drawing and puts in lots of detail.  It makes things seem more real.  He's able to see (and draw) things from lots of perspectives.

Little did I know that he would be the glue to holds us and his siblings together.  I can't imagine life without this kid!  He's also my only cuddly kid, and I love to cuddle!

Jordan also came into my life 6 years and two weeks ago today.  I love this kid with all my heart!  I hope that he comes to know and understand his purpose in life.  I also feel very strongly that he came to our family at the right time, and for specific purposes.  And I feel like he is a gift from God!  Seriously.  I hope he comes to understand the inestimable power of being a friend.  That is Jordan's gift to those around him.  His loyalty, his good company.  It's strengthening and lifting, sometimes subtly but powerfully.

I hope that Jordan will know and understand that he doesn't have to do anything for others to love him.  He just needs to be himself and that he is perfect the way he is.  I also hope that he can learn that it doesn't matter whether your first, second, third, or fiftieth to be important.  We're important because God made us the way we are.  And that is amazing stuff.  A part of this understanding comes from a knowledge that there is a time and place for all things.  If he can trust that God knows timing better than we do, he'll find happiness in life.

To my sweet, sensitive Jordan, I love you with all my heart!  Happy (late) birthday!



No comments: