Wednesday, December 23, 2015

a night in the life of a mother

Night life at my house is EXCITING but not in the way that most folks hope for.  It's a lot of getting up at night.  Having Isabel's tonsils and adenoids definitely helped with this, but she still wakes up a night.  The last week she's been having "night terrors" or some crazy dreams and has been waking up a lot.  Every once in a while Jordan wakes up too, just to keep things interesting.

Jordan's waking up is usually because he wants to sleep in my bed and be cuddled.  He comes randomly, usually when he's not feeling heard or cuddled enough.  Somehow he manages to always come after Paolo has gone to work (about 2 a.m.).

Most of the time when he comes to bed I've already been woken up multiple times by Isabel and I am passed out.  It's definitely much less than 1% of my brain working when he shows up and it's all I can do to verbalize.  Last night he came into bed and announced, "mom, I have a question!"  And it's serious business for him!  He doesn't give voice very often to what I expect is a lot of questions that he may have.  Somehow in the middle of the night they come out!  Oh deary me!

He actually comes in needing some cuddles or physical contact and with lots of questions.  A few weeks ago he came into my bed and said in a sweet soft voice, "mom?".  After I mumbled he burst out in an excited voice, "Mom!  I have 22 questions!"  I told him that he could ask me one then and then the rest in the morning.

Sigh.  Big sigh.  As hard as it is being woken up so much, I love my kids and being a mom!

No comments: