Tuesday, December 13, 2011

sticks and stones may break my bones but dirt will never hurt me

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but dirt will never hurt me... or something like that. My boys are SUCH boys! They love sticks and dirt just as much as they love the disney movie Cars. Girls are called girly girls, but what are boys called? Burly boys?

Yesterday was a rainy day. For the 15 minutes it didn't rain, Isabel happened to be taking a nap so I took the boys outside to ride their bikes. I stepped in the house to put something away and explicitly told my children not to go into the dirt because it was mud. 10 seconds later I found this.
I let them play for a few minutes in the mud, and then took off their shoes and coats before carrying them into the bathroom to wash off.

As I was carrying Aaron into the bathroom he happened to smear my face with these muddy hands. It made me laugh, and I had a good wash too.
My hormones are doing crazy things to me, and I was VERY GRATEFUL for this in the mail. Sunshine on a rainy day. Thanks Karla for always being so thoughtful!

2 comments:

sarita said...

Jordan's shoes are awesome!
Thanks so much for your honest comment on my blog, Julie! I love both what you said about being prompted not to have to pronounce punishment right after the crime had been committed (I totally do that) and how you give them a hug and a kiss. I am totally going to do that! And thanks for the reminder to ask Heavenly Father for help. I don't do that enough.
I was trying to remember the last time you and I saw each other---was it before you got married?? I regret never getting together with you while I was in Utah--such a crazy time. Anyway, I am going to make sure that Ryan takes me to Italy someday...someday. Hopefully I will see you then :) For now I am thankful to be able to keep up with you on your blog. Every time I think about complaining about being too far from home, you pop into my head and it helps me stop feeling sorry for myself. I think you are a little further than me :)
Merry Christmas!

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

Jordan's face is so cute!