Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

Paolo's comment when he saw her Easter outfit: "What's that on her head?!" I personally thought she was adorable.
Aaron wanted to get in on the cheesiness of taking pictures.
New toys from grandma. Thank you mom! It's been perfect timing with 4 teeth coming in on top. I love that you can see her bottom teeth.
3 silly monkies!
"cheeeeeeese! Eeeeeee!"
There are no Easter egg hunts on Saturday around here, so we did our favorite past time: we drew a map and went in search of treasure. Jordan loves this little telescope and it was the key to adventures this Saturday. :) Notice the accessories tucked into his pants. I tried to talk him into wearing pants with pockets, but I couldn't convince him.
Getting ready to leave for fun adventures of egg and treasure hunting near our house.
These kids were pumped up. Wildebeest might be more like a good description. :)
Isabel joining us for the fun adventures. Next year she can walk around with us.
This is our traditional treasure hunting route.
Aaron has named this spot the "follow the prophet" circle. It was the follow the leader circle because the first time we set out looking for treasure/dinosaur bones, I walked around the circle singing the song from Peter Pan about following the leader. I should clarify it's the song that I remember singing to myself as a kid. The music and the words may not in fact sound like anything you see on the Disney movie. My kids will never know the difference though.

So we didn't have any real Easter eggs to find, but we found some awesome sticks, rocks, and flowers (aka weeds, but don't tell my kids that), and.... some strawberries. Jordan was the lucky explorer to find them (after Aaron walked right past the very obvious grocery bag that I was pointing out to him).
Buon appetito!

2 comments:

Kati said...

So cute!

Scott and Karin said...

No offense to Paolo, but dad's rarely know what they are talking about when it comes to dressing up little girls! =) You should see Annicka some Sundays when I have Ward Council! Isabel looks adorable!