Tuesday, January 21, 2014

la fiera del gelato

 We went to the annual "fiera del gelato".  Gelato is the Italian word for ice cream.  But this isn't ice cream that you can get in the states.  It is ooooooooh so good!  There's a big convention every year, and this is our second year in a row going.  Both years, Paolo's friend Massimiliano, scored us some tickets.  So thanks again Pelo!
 Unfortunately I didn't get great pictures... I was too busy trying not to loose a child, and dealing with crying, or just sampling the gelato.  All the gelato that you can eat.  Dream come true!
 You can kind of see how absolutely sticky and gooey Isabel is here.  She was a lot harder this year, wanting to constantly climb out of her stroller and run off after gelato.  Notwithstanding some screaming a few tantrums from the kids, we had a LOT of fun.  My favorite flavors this year: lemon pie, and a biological raspberry.  It tasted like I was literally eating raspberries without any fake flavors.  It was amazing!
 Photo courtesy of Aaron.
 And of course the big hit of the trip (aside from eating lots of gelato) for my boys were seeing these huge tires, and an old plane (not seen here) as we were walking to the convention center from very far away.  I think that's maybe one of the reasons I love my boys so much.  They're boys!

2 comments:

Nicola Morris said...

You're kids are so adorable! and I'm so jealous of the gelato. I hope you are well.

Brianna and Tyson Smith said...

I miss the real gelato so much!