Monday, January 13, 2014

Wilderness Explorers

 Last Saturday we became "explorers" and went off in search of treasures and dinosaur bones.  i.e. we went for a walk in the hills above our house.  This picture makes me laugh  because Jordan has one of his frequent grumpy faces.
 We went equipped with shovels and a mini rake for digging, a magnifying glass to look at what we find, a magnetic pad to draw pictures of what we find, a sword to kill anything that might come out of a hole, the boys wore hats that explorers wear.  They had fun!
 This is Jordan documenting our findings (dirt and rocks and a pine cone).


I love it when my kids use their imagination!

3 comments:

Brianna Smith said...

Just adorable!

Nekell said...

Loved reading and catching up on your blog. I am getting my late Christmas letters together (it's been about four or five years!)and wanted to send you some actual mail! Send me your address. My email is nekell_bjorn@yahoo.com. Love to you and yours!

Traci said...

You are such a fun and creative mom, Julie! Those pictures of your kids are so darling!