Wednesday, January 29, 2014

the hair cut

Aaron has been really struggling at school lately.  He bottles up a lot of tension and comes home and explodes.  It's been hard for him, and it's been hard for us.

Today we spent 3 hours trying to help Aaron get his homework done, but it was 3 hours of lots of crying and yelling (on his part).  When he finally had calmed down and was getting into the groove of homework he asked to be left alone to do it, which is what he usually does.  So I left him to it.  A little while later, I found no homework done, and this.

Don't know if I'm a good or a bad parent for this decision, but I decided that instead of getting mad or telling him off, that the consequence is that he gets to go like this to school tomorrow.  Then I'll shave his head.  I hope it's not too mean and will help him learn not to do that again.

1 comment:

Pedersen Posse said...

Wow. I guess I need to stop complaining about Bailey's beautician skills.

I think you handled it well.