Wednesday, February 12, 2014

mommy millionaire

I read an article recently from a mother with her feelings on motherhood.  She mentioned how hard it can be at times (something that I share), but how it is also very rewarding and wonderful to be a mother (something that I also share with her).  She had mentioned how finding the things that she absolutely loved about being a mom and focusing on them, helps with the monotony of tasks and life.

So I've been mentally trying to think of things that I LOVE about being a mother and that give me great satisfaction.  Here are a few:


  • my kids get a kick out of collecting flowers for mommy and hearing me shriek with surprise and then shower them in kisses.   To tell the truth, I think I get the biggest kick out of this one. Daisies have become one of my favorite flowers.
  • the way my kids smell after bath time
  • wet, slobbery kisses from my 2 year-old (the dry ones too from older kids)
  • when you kids reach out for you with their arms held out and they want and need only you
  • when Aaron and Jordan hold hands and run home from school together
  • seeing Isabel's little bity hands wrapped fully and tightly around Papa`'s neck and her fingers can barely touch.
  • listening to my children pray
  • being moved when those children pray for me!
  • when Jordan smiles so big that his face looks like it'll be frozen like that because he's so happy with something he was able to do
  • when Aaron lets Isabel climb in bed with him and he puts his arms around her and whispers "I love you Isabel.  I'll protect you."
  • when my kids miraculously are able to work out a problem with crying or hitting.  It's a miracle!
  • how very generous they can be at times with their most prized possessions (like a rare ice cream cone or treat)
  • when one of them comes and snuggles up to you
  • dirty bath water.  I know that my kids are happy, healthy and playing in the mud!

The other day the boys had a contest to see who could give me the most flowers. If I had a penny for every little daisy I've been given, then I'm a millionaire!  And even without those pennies, I'm still a millionaire because of those sweet little children in my life.

No comments: