Thursday, March 27, 2014

carnevale 2014

 Carnevale here in Italy, is kind of like Halloween in the sense that the kids get to dress up in costumes.  There's usually a parade somewhere and you get to through lots of confetti and make a big mess.  All things that kids love to do!
 My boys are totally obsessed with swords.  What's not to love about being able to hit someone, right?
 In the little community where we live they always have a small parade for the kids.
 Fortunately for me uncle Daniele came with us.  It's a good thing, because otherwise I would have lost the boys.  I was trying to keep track of Isabel and the kids were running after the floats to try and get  the things that were being thrown out to the kids.
This little principessa absolutely refused to wear her costume (a pink leotard with a tutu).  She saw another little girl at the park in a princess dress and yelled to me "guarda!  E` bella".  Look!  She's beautiful!  When I told Isabel that in a little bit she could dress up pretty too, she flat out told me NO!  So I rephrased it to make sure that she understood that she could wear a pretty costume too.  I was again told very firmly: NO!  And she kept her promise.  She did NOT wear her pretty pink costume.

No comments: