Wednesday, March 5, 2014

35... or half way to 70

 Aaron has been really into the idea of "surprise birthday parties" and has been asking for a while if we can do one for Jordan for his birthday.  Lucky for me, my birthday came before Jordan's.  So Aaron asked Paolo if they could do a surprise birthday party for mom.  They went and bought roses and picked out stuff to make a cake.

It was really quite funny to hear their audible whispers when I was right next to them as they were planning or talking about the along-waited surprise.  I would then start to hum, or go into the other room and play dumb.
 It did melt my heart that my kids thought so fondly of me, and were so EXCITED to show me that they care!  Isabel was exactic at the idea of blowing out candles and as soon as she saw it, she yelled out "io, io, io!"  "Me, me, ME!"
I was so grateful for the calls and emails from friends and family.  It's nice to talk to people that you love.

Before having kids, I was kind of into spoiling myself on my birthday.  That's kind of changed.  I now feel and view it as an opportunity to celebrate that I'm being given my time on earth to be able to do good.  It's a good time to evaluate if I'm at where I want to be at.  Am I doing all the good I was created to do?  Am I loving and giving and nurturing and as grateful as I can be?  I hope so. :)

So here's to being young, and ... half way to 70!

2 comments:

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

tanti auguri, bellissima torta

Pedersen Posse said...

Happy belated birthday!