Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Isabel, 3!

 My baby girl turned 3 yesterday!  I can hardly believe it.  I remember when she was born that I had the impression that she would be sweet but tough as nails.  I had no idea what "tough as nails" meant, but I'm starting to learn.  She is one determined girl.  What she sets her mind in not negotiable.  She has to do everything, ALL BY HERSELF or wo to you!  Seriously- doing up her own seat belt, closing her own door, going to the bathroom by herself- in public restrooms (blah!), say the pray first... the list goes on
 She can be soooooo sweet, and her kisses are always welcome.  It makes up for the difficulties of two-year-oldness (now 3-year-oldness).

We made a "princess" castle cake, with ice cream.  It was seriously melting away and we had to sing and eat within 3 seconds of making it!  But she loved it.


We also went to the beach for her birthday.  She discovered rolling down sand dunes.  By how happy she seemed, it was as good as rolling down green, grassy hills.  I'll take the green grassy hill any day!