Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stop and smell the roses

Stop and smell the roses. Looking at this top picture does not make me stop and think of the smell of roses. Actually, quite a different flavor. I was trying (and near failing) to breast feed Isabel when Aaron comes in the room and declares "Jordan got the toilet dirty. Come and see." I told Aaron I'd go in a minute, and then I heard noises from the bathroom that made me decide to go and see right away. This is only a small part of the poop devastation that Jordan did in the bathroom.

Soooo, Isabel didn't quite finish her feeding. It took a lot of wipes, lysol, and hand washing to clean up. But as I was doing so, I had the thought: Look on the bright side of things. So I decided that instead of feeling frustrated by the endlessly smeared poop, I would just be happy I had the opportunity to have a clean bathroom. And I have to say it looks really good now (until the next time one of the boys goes to the bathroom).

So today I'm grateful for a clean bathroom. I'm also grateful that I have two active, happy boys, grateful that going from 2 to 3 isn't quite as bad as the transition from 1 to 2. I'm also very grateful to my friend Sabrina who has had my boys over to play at her house the last few mornings so that I could get some rest!!!!
And I'm also grateful that Heavenly Father gave me one of his beautiful daughters to love, nourish, and teach. What a blessing!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I love those baby chairs! Sam slept in ours until he was One and Seth loves the chair now too. Also- She's way too cute.....I want her!

Pedersen Posse said...

Thanks for the laughs. I can laugh because I've been there too. It really does help being optimistic at those moments. Little Isabel in the chair is so cute!