Wednesday, September 7, 2011

finished sewing projects

3 little monkies (can't not put them in a post). I've decided before moving back to Italy I'm going to finish up some of the many half-done projects I've got in my sewing closet. So here are a few...

I pieced this top when I was pregnant with Jordan. Two years later I finished it up. This a gift for my sister-in-law who is due at the end of November with their 4th girl.
This was from my quilting group that had a color challenge. We were given a Kona color wheel charm pack and told to make something from it. I decided on functionality- I made a changing cloth and small purse to hold a diaper, wipes, and changing cloth. I made the wonky stars, and this is a reversible carrier.

And here's the changing pad.

These are Christmas stockings that I quilted and threw together. Two out of three I did with a french seam, and the other I just added a border. I like the border less because I'm no good at the curves, and it didn't look so cute.
Aaron slipped these on while I was trying to do the photo shoot of my projects. He was so excited to where his "Christmas boots"!
This is an advent calender that I quilted, and I just need to finish up the hanging peaces to go on it.

These are hot pads I've made for some friends.

And a pin cushion... another challenge project from my quilting group a couple of months ago.

1 comment:

The Tylkas said...

I love the advent calendar!!!