Friday, September 2, 2011

Isabel's First Bath

I still have to protect her from the over-loving of her brother's. These boys are going to get a beating though once she's able to hold her own. Isabel is very mild and quite a pleasant baby, but I sense she'll be spirited underneath and be able to hold her own quite well.
I love dressing her up like a girl! I kept a few gender neutral items from Aaron and Jordan, but have quickly given them away. I find that I like pink and frilly.
She is a lot more awake and quite strong. When she's awake she seems very aware. She has mild colic in the evening and goes to sleep kind of late because of that, but at least half the time will go back to sleep after night feedings. I am getting a little more sewing done due to sleeping a little less.
Isabel seemed to like her fast bath- or at least she didn't cry, scream, wriggle... She did stare at herself quite a lot in the mirror. She's gained almost a pound since birth, and grown 2 inches. She's still yellow, but the pediatrician said that's a phenomenon that can happen in breast fed babies- it takes them longer to break down the billirubin.
Tomorrow is 3 weeks. That's 21 times older than the day she was born! We love our little angel.

No comments: