Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sold

Well, I sold my car Saturday! I'm very sad to part with it. I would highly recommend a Volkswagon to anyone.

Only 2 more weeks until we're on a plane to Italy. Exciting, scary, sad, happy... all in one. I had a friend ask me what I was looking forward to moving to Italy. I have to say that I didn't have a lot to say. I am, however, glad she asked me because I've started to think of a lot of things. I needed to be reminded that there is so much good in front of me that awaits. Sometimes I feel like all that is good and happy is what I have, and who I have with me right now. However there is a God, He knows me, and He has a plan for me. In front of me there are so many good things in store.

I'm looking forward to good food including: clementines, pizza, gelato, fresh fruits and vegetables, pecorino cheese, parmesan cheese, chocolate... I'm also looking forward to being near family- brother-in-law, aunts and uncles. I'm so excited to see our old friends, and all of our friends from church. I'm happy to be a Latter-day-Saint where I live. I'm looking forward to running on the awesome trails by my house. I'm looking forward to one day traveling a little bit around Europe. I want to see Prague and Budapest and Paris. I want to go to Ireland and see if I can blend in with the natives. I look forward to teaching English. I look forward to being a good influence and lifting up those around me. Being a foreigner makes me a bit unique and I am excused at being a little more bold, or to express my opinions and have them listened to. I am looking forward to the Rome Temple!

To all my friend's and family here: I love you! My heart breaks to leave you behind. But you're not really behind me. You'll always be in my heart. And besides, we'll see each other again. :)

5 comments:

The Tylkas said...

This post made me happy:)

Julie said...

You are awesome Julie! Way to be positive. It is hard to leave.......... so hard. The experiences that you will have with your family will be unforgettable. Excited to see what awaits you! Safe travels. xxx

Pedersen Posse said...

2 weeks! That's so soon! You have such a positive attitude. Good luck with everything!

Lisa Thornton said...

I had such a hard time saying goodbye.....funny as I didn't see you all that often but the times I we did get a chance to hook up it was as if we hadn't skipped a beat. I was watching one of my co-workers work with her BYU nursing student the other day and that took me back a few years. Brough a lump to my throat. Please know how much I love you and appreciate your friendship. I look forward to following your adventures on your blogspot and how to see you on facebook soon so as to allow easier communication. You are one of the strongest people I know. :)

Lisa Thornton said...

BTW - the anon above comment was me. :)

Lisa GT