Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Terrorist Attack

I was having for one of those long wished for moments of your children "playing nice and quietly" down stairs (my kids haven't very many of those moments lately). So I ran upstairs to make a phone call to get ready to move and wash the dishes. As I'm finishing the dishes I turn around and see thread on my kitchen floor. Ominous sign since thread is found only in my sewing room downstairs.

Then I see innocent Jordan (aka terrorist #1) stroll by. I asked him where he got the thread from. He answered down stairs. So I asked him to show me. There is thread strung from the kitchen upstairs, all the way down both flights of stairs, and into my sewing room.

That's when we came upon Aaron (aka terrorist #2) in the sewing room. And this is what I found!

(Sorry about the sideways picture. I down loaded it from my camera and it didn't let me turn it the right way).
They had pulled off every single key from my keyboard on the laptop that we're taking with us to Italy. I was aghast and didn't know what to say. So I sent both boys to their rooms to re-group for a moment.
I then took them back down stairs and showed them what they had done. I explained to them that they had broken mommy's computer and how sad it made me. Aaron just looked at me and said "oh sorry mom" in a tone that clearly sounded like he was totally surprised that his little treat had made me sad (along with annoyed, frustrated....). It was clear to me that they didn't have a clue that they had done something wrong.

Punishment: TV ban for the day (not that they get much of it anyway)
I guess they can make up for it when they smile at you like this.

On a good note, a nice neighbor is coming by tonight to see if he can help reattach those keys. He informs me that I can buy a new keyboard and have it put on for relatively cheap if he's not successful.

No comments: