Thursday, October 13, 2011

Made it alive

I don't have any pictures to post since I haven't taken any yet. I promise there will be some soon.

We survived our 24 hour travel period in relatively good condition. Jordan only had a few melt'downs, and Aaron none. Isabel was an angel as always. Granted she's only 2 months old so I'll give her a little time to catch up to her brothers.

I'm wondering if my eyes will ever not be red. They're blood-shot from not sleeping, and were red from crying before I left. One day someone may see that I do have white in my eyes.

The kids are feeling the time difference and so are we. It still feels surreal to me that I live in Italy now. Both Paolo and I are having culture shock!

On a good note, I have two fun things. One is that I forgot about the mozzarella cheese, yum! Just bought some tonight.

The second, is that from the day my first child was born I've thought it would be funny if one of my boys innocent peed on my husband. My brother's oldest child was a fountain whenever he got his diaper changed. I thought it would be funny if the same thing happened to Paolo. Neither of the boys came through for me though- that is until tonight. Jet-lagged and exhausted Jordan fell asleep in Paolo's arms while talking to the neighbor. Paolo came in holding Jordan passed out on his shoulder. We were discussing what to do with him- try to put him to bed like that or change him into his PJ's. I was just expressing my concern that he might wet the bed and we better wake him up to go to the bathroom, when Jordan finally came through for me. He "wet the bed" while Paolo was holding him! I needed a good laugh after all the stress and tiredness we've had. Thank you Jordan for making mommy's dreams come true. :)

4 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

Glad you made it safely. Still chuckling about the pee story.

Into My Mind said...

Glad you made it there safe! I'm sad I didn't get to see you before you left, I'm sure getting you guys sick would not have been a good addition to the stress. We miss ya guys!

The Tylkas said...

Glad you made it! I've been thinking and praying for you all week!

Scott and Karin said...

Annicka fullfilled a better dream for me when she projectile pooed on Scott. Beat that! =) Just kidding, don't! But that is funny that he finally got peed on! And I'm glad you made it. Take it one day at a time for now. It's all you can do.