Friday, October 21, 2011

Rainy Days and Gelato

Peas in a pod. I did rescue Isabel from getting smashed right after taking the picture.
Walking to the park and eating bread. There's a decent park about 1 mile from our house (there is one closer but doesn't have much other than old people who smoke around my kids).
This is my first time ever trying to make a ruffle. It turned out really well. I made a double-sided apron. The great part is that I used it from spare fabric I had, and it turned out much cuter than I thought it would. That always makes you feel good.

Aaron was my model. I didn't take the picture while Paolo was home, just in case he had a heart attack over his son wearing something rather girly.


Yesterday it rained ALL day long. So we stayed in the house all day. To prevent myself from going crazy I decided to do a sewing project. I've been reading a book my friend Kati gave me that has patterns for some adorable girls clothes. I've never done frills and girly stuff and I've been dying to try. We have a friend who is turning 4 next week, so I decided I could experiment on a present for her. Pictures are to follow.

I had my first gelato the other day. I promised my friend Karla that I'd get an extra scoop. I did, and I'm glad I did. My brother-in-law watched the boys while Paolo and I took Isabel and got an ice cream. I got dark chocolate (it was almost too dark and Paolo had to finish it for me), white chocolate, and hazelnut. Yum!

3 comments:

Kati said...

I'm glad you got some sewing time in! So cute.

BandK said...

I'm so jealous, of the gelato but the apron would not be bad either!

Traci said...

How is it that Isabel already looks older just since you left!? What a sweetheart!