Friday, February 10, 2012

Boredom comes at a price

Boredom comes at a huge price at my house = DEVASTATION! When I need a minute to "get things done", and my kids are bored (99% of the time since we've been snowed in for almost 2 weeks- and more is coming).
When I thought they were playing so nicely.... oh how gullible I can be at times.
This a scene from about a week ago. It was one of the worst explosions they've created.

This was also an attempt to alleviate the boredom- a Halloween party. We dressed up in Halloween costumes, and had a party with special snacks, including the last of our goldfish crackers.
The party was a good idea. The
VERY BAD idea was to show them some of the Incredibles movie since Jordan was dressed up like one of them. I had forgotten how much body slamming, hitting, kicking action there was. The boys then body slammed, kicked, hit the rest of the week. The last thing they need is to refine those techniques at 2 and 4 years old. I am resigned that yes it will happen, but I'm hoping it's not until Isabel is in time to learn it and use it as self defense against her brothers.

No comments: