Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Taryn & Ada

One thing I really miss about not living near home is being an aunt. So I've deemed myself aunt Julie to my two little friend's Ada and Taryn. They are in my ward, and both turn 1 this month. It's amazing how long it takes to make everything from scratch. I miss cake mix! But it was fun to try new things. These cupcakes are filled (and topped) with pastry cream made by yours truly. Paolo taught me how to do it. I think they came out quite well.
This is Ada. She is outgoing, and curious. She's already giving her mom a run for her money with her awesome climbing skills.

This is my friend Taryn. She is sweet and reserved. She takes a little bit to give her confidence and trust. She is also happy and a jewel!
It was fun to have an afternoon with my american friends. It was also fun to do something for someone else. I love it when they come up and visit.

2 comments:

Brianna Smith said...

You did such an amazing job with everything! Thank you so much! Especially those cute purse bags! Taryn loves it!

Unknown said...

We had so much fun, Julie. The day was perfect (and everything was so yummy. Can you teach me to make pastry cream?). And how cute is Jordan? The post on him totally made me laugh. I can't wait until Ada starts talking :)