Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2nd Earthquake in 9 days

We just had our second earthquake in 9 days.  A little nerve racking to think about.  I personall didn't feel it this time.  I was struggling/fighting with kids to get shoes on and get out the door and didn't feel anything.  My brother-in-law works on the other side of the city and he felt it at about 6.0.  He called to make sure we were ok and that's when I first heard about it.  After that my cellphone service went out.  I left Jordan at school which is about a 10 minute walk from here.  I tried to text family members to let them know what happened and to say we are ok but again, my phone doesn't work.  Kind of crazy that I move from an area full of fault lines to an area that hasn't had anything in over 400 years and now we feel 2 in a little over a week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad to know you are all well. Hopefully this will be the last for another 400 years.

Pedersen Posse said...

Hopefully it's not leading up to anything bigger. Glad you're okay.

Lisa Thornton said...

Fun stuff!!! What's life without a little excitement? Glad you are okay!!

Lisa

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

I am glad you are ok