Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jordan is 3!

 Well, Jordan is 3!  I can't believe that my baby boy is 3 and so much fun.  I had a friend email and say "I can remember when he was born so well".  To tell the truth most of my brain is a fog with Isabel not letting me sleep much.  I can barely remember yesterday, let alone the last 3 years. ;0

I made a happy birthday crown and put it with Jordan's breakfast.  Aaron wanted one too.  Within 10 minutes of taking these pictures, Aaron licked Jordan's crown (I presume to make him mad, but then again, Aaron does funny things not intending to be mean).  Jordan got made that his crown was licked and crumpled it up in frustration.  Oh well.  Tough luck.

 Any guesses as to what this cake is?  I saw the idea here.  The picture they had was very cute, but Aaron and I weren't able to reproduce their Rembrandt of a cake, but sure had fun trying.  In case you're wondering it was supposed to be a dragon.

 The candle on Jordan's cake was from our friend Saleh.  They moved back to Libya, but left us the candle that we had used for his birthday.  Wish they could have been here with us.  Wish all of our friends and family could have been here.
 This is my Jordan.  He is silly.  He is the entertainer and likes to make other people laugh.  Sometimes I'd swear I gave birth toa ping pong ball (although it hurt a whole lot more than that) because of the way he bounces everywhere.  He doesn't walk like most kids.  He bounces, or dances, or ninja's his way to wherever he goes.  Love having Jordan in my family.  It's a priviledge (and some days a challenge) to be his mother and to try and teach  him how to be happy, how to make good choices, how to control himself, how to give, how to love.  The funny thing about being a mother is that sometimes I think I'm teaching, but in reality we learn together.  Thank you for being my sweet boy Jordan!
I couldn't leave out my sweet Isabel (who got a fever during the day of festivities).

No comments: