Friday, June 8, 2012

Aaron is 5!

 Aaron requested a snake cake (nearly identical to Jordan's dragon cake).  They both helped to decorate it.

 And in the afternoon when we sang and blew out candles, Jordan blew it out 3 times before Aaron actually got to do it.  Suprisingly Aaron didn't have a melt down over this.
 Then we went on a long out door treasure hunt for his birthday presents, with map and all!



 This is one of my new favorite pictures of the boys!  I can't beleve that my first born is 5!  I love Aaron to death!  He is my sweet, good, spirited child.  I'm so grateful that God gave him to me and that I can be his mamma.  I can't imagine life without him.  Being a mother is by one of the hardest things on the face of the planet.  I used to think it was tough to train for a marathon, or awed at those who trained for triathalons.  This nothing in comparison.  Glad to be doing it, and glad that I'm not supposed to do it alone.  Grateful that Heavenly Father gives me courage, strength, wisdom, insight, and inspiration as I try to be a mother.  I hope Aaron (and Jordan and Isabel) know that I do this because I love them.

Right now I feel like I'm at a phase where I've literally given up everything in order to be here, in order to stay home and be a mother.  I feel like I'm constantly looked down upon and criticized by those of this culture for doing so.  But I'm grateful to hold my head high and say I'm HAPPY to be a mother!  When you see those smiles, who can blame me?!  I will be honest in saying that I'm not happy 100% of the time, and maybe even less than 50% of the time.  But for that percentage of feeling pure joy in this adventure that I'm embarked upon, it is totally worth it!
 I love that you can see all of Isabels fangs teeth in this picture.

5 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

I love the picture of your two boys too. The one with Isabel smiling is a close second.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on motherhood. I have similar feelings and struggles. It's nice to know someone else feels/thinks like me. Isn't it nice to know that even if the world doesn't recognize and appreciate mothers, Heavenly Father does and our kids will, if not now, in the Eternities.

Unknown said...

It's really very beautiful there.
Tanti auguri Aaron.
I think most of the people that don't think beeing a stay home mom is worth it are just jeolous. You are doing the right thing. I tuoi figli sono stupendi. Ciao

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

Auguri Aaron.
Your kids will be grateful of your sacrifice and it will make everything worth it

Unknown said...

Okay, that first picture of Isabel?! If she gets any cuter...

Brianna Smith said...

Look at all those teeth she has! I love your fun treasure hunts. Love your kids! Tell them Aunt Brianna says hi! And Taryn is blowing kisses all the way from California