Thursday, June 7, 2012

Luck O' the Irish

 This ladies and gents is a FOUR LEAF CLOVER!  I found it the other day at the park while I was talking on the phone to a friend.  She told me it would be my lucky day.

I have to mention for anyone who doesn't know my family, my grandma is dye-hard IRISH and has worked her whole life to imprint on delicate minds that we are 100% Irish.  I was named after her grandmother who was an Irish immigrant.  After my first child was born in Italy to an Italian Papa` she proudly pronounced that she had another Irish grandchild!  She also has regularly dressed up like a Leprachaun and gone to her grandchildren's school and colored green freckles on their faces in front of all of their classmates!  I told you, she's dye-hard.

So to my grandma, I dedicate this four-leaf clover to you.  While I didn't have a particularly lucky day that day, I had a funny episode to make me think, "I'm so lucky!"
 This luck of mine has to do with what nurse's sometimes call BM's or code brown's.  What good mothers call #2, or my kids call cacca.  If you don't want to hear a story about that, stop reading and just look at pictures.

I took Jordan into the bathroom before nap time and he really needed to go.  After much grunting, and much waiting he announced that he was ready for a cleaning up.  So I grabbed some TP and started to wipe when he got a panicked look on his face.  I moved my hand just in time to not get it dirty. Phew!

The second time around of being ready to be cleaned I did the same thing.  He once again had a very airy and very wet fart (flatulence, toot, scoreggia in Italian, whatever you like to call it).  He looked up with a very innocently suprised and a little too happy face and with a very excited voice, like discovering a vat of chocolate told me "ti ho spruzzato!"  "I sprayed you!".  In case you're wondering, I did get my hand out of harms way a second time.

You did indeed, crazy boy (or any other word you'd like to use in that situation).

3rd time was the charm and I didn't even get sprayed.  Thank heavens for soap, water, and vigorous hand scrubbing!  It was an "I'm so lucky to be a mom moment!"
 These PJ's and toys are from my mom for the boys' birthdays.  We opened them the other day.  My mom SPOI- ELLED my children!  They loved it, and I was grateful for a generous mom.
She had fun watching the present opening.

2 comments:

Traci said...

I guess you're lucky to have such a cute Irish grandma! :) Aren't boys fun?...

Pedersen Posse said...

Ha, ha! Thanks for sharing. I hope you made sure Grandma got to read this post. :)