Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hand prints



I noticed this when Paolo was sitting on the couch.  I pointed it out to him because it made me smile.  I said "hold on, I want to take a picture of that".  He informed me that he already had.

It made me smile because it's Isabel's little hand after climbing in the fire place.  She'll never be little again, and I may not find it so cute in a few years if she keeps crawling in the fire place.  It made me so proud to be a mommy, and it was a little reminder of what is sweet and beautiful in life- my children (don't worry my days are mostly made up of moments where I want to pull my hair out, and haven't had a good night's sleep in at least a year, but my children are still my greatest treasures).

It made me think of what kind of print we leave on the world around us.  What kind of print am I leaving?  Will I be remembered for having been kind and patient?  For being forgiving?  For bettering those around me?  As a giver and a lifter?  I hope so.

What kind of print am I leaving on my children?  I hope that I can teach them to love others, and to love Jesus Christ.  I hope that they are kind, good, make good choices, happy, and are a blessing to others.

It made me reflect and think that what we do and say really is important and is always leaving an imprint on those around us.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Love you, Jules!

Brianna Smith said...

Beautiful Julie. I hope to find many "hand prints" in my life :)