Wednesday, September 19, 2012

If he shall fall, he shall rise again

 Monday was the first day of school.  This week my kids only go half a day.  Since it was still nice weather we decided to go to the beach for one last hooray.  We tried a new beach.  It was less than ideal.  The walk from parking to the ocean was quite long, and there was a low tide and dead carcasses everywhere.  You really couldn't take a dip in the water.  I started to complain, and Paolo kindly reminded me to see the bright side of things- it was the first day of school and the rest of the world was stuck in traffic and we were at the beach!  It was sunny and beautiful, and NOT too hot!

I was grateful for the reminder from Paolo to see the beautiful.  Turns out there were lots of awesome seashells, and it was a marine biology learning experience for us and the kids.  We had a lot of fun despite less than ideal circumstances.

It reminded me of hearing a talk once about the Lord, talking about a man, saying that when he shall fall, he shall rise again.  Falling and picking yourself up.  That's what life is about- learning and loving.  Isabel, who is starting to get pretty good at walking, was having a hard time in the sand walking.  She kept falling down and then picking herself up again.  Thanks for the lesson my little baby girl!





And the awesome sunset on the drive home!

2 comments:

Laura said...

My kids don't get very dirty because I'm a mean mom and don't let them play outside very often. Mostly because we don't have our own yard and I really dislike all my neighbors. I think the feeling is mutual because I got angry at someone who was smoking outside my door the other day(I didn't handle the situation very well) and everyone looks at me funny now. You are a better mom because you actually take your kids outside to play, which is why your bath water comes out more brown than mine. lol

su-tang 3000 said...

It's good to see that the Utes are being supported all the way over at Italian beaches. Go Paolo!