Tuesday, October 23, 2012

part 1 of 2 with the Rickards

Station in Prato
 We loved having Karla and Brad for the few days that we did!  They spoiled our kids, but even better they spoiled us with their presence.  Life's about loving and lifting other, and I feel loved and lifted by this great family.  I'm so glad they spent a lot of money to come and visit!
self-portrait in Lucca
We did some crazy traveling down to Lucca and back.  It's a beautiful city in the Tuscany, and a long train ride too. :)  We were worn out but happy by the end of our long day of travels.



 Lucca has the whole city wall in tact and there's a beautiful walk all around the city where you can ride your bike and go through a canopy of trees.  This picture isn't the best, but oh well.  I enjoyed the company.
 Enjoying our pizza and gelato.

Open market in Bologna, kids in melt down
 On Saturday after they took a trip to Parma, we went to the open market.  My kids were in melt down and were pretty terrible.  Thank you Karla and Brad for babysitting and letting me grab a few things!
gelato at Gianni's
 My favorite gelateria is Gianni's.  It's got really, really good gelato (ice cream).

Cheese!
Hip hip hooray for the Rickards in Bologna!

2 comments:

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

I wish I could coem soon and visit too

Kati said...

So glad you had a great time! I bet it was a wonderful visit.