Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Trip to Rome

 Yesterday some of our very good friends arrived in Rome.  They are headed on a cruise and will come up in a week to see us.  I went down to Rome welcome them to the mother land.  It was a long day, but we made it.  Isabel only slept about 30 minutes on the train ride down.  After that it was chasing after a busy toddler all day.

I also had the added bonus of meeting a friend, Jenna, that lives in Rome.  She road the train into down town and we met and had lunch together.  It was good all around to see friends!

I must give a note of thanks to my sweet husband that took care of the boys all afternoon, put them to bed, and then came and got me late from the train station when he had to get up 3 hours later to go to work.

 Isabel was a good sport despite our long travels.  Thank heavens for an easy baby!
 Welcome Karla and Brad.  Unfortunately only the bag with presents for us made it, and the rest of their bags stayed in the states.  Lucky me, poor them.  Supposedly their bags will get here this morning before they embark on their cruise.
I did shed a tear or two, but was able to keep in control.  I had to leave about 30 minutes after I saw them in order to get all of the connecting trains home.  Made it home safe and tired, and happy!

3 comments:

Traci said...

Hooray! I'm so happy they made it! And your bag full of goodies made it! Boo to the rest of their luggage not making it!

The Tylkas said...

That is so wonderful!

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

So glad you were able to go and see jenna too, that is wonderfull