Friday, November 22, 2013

Recent projects

 I've been trying to be on top of the game this year and actually make some Christmas presents more than the day before Christmas.  I decided to try this tutorial done by my friend Kati.  I'm actually making quite a few of them and it's kind of my blanket Christmas present this year.

I went to the local convention center and went to a craft fair, and wanted to have this pillow done for two friends that were going with me.
 The one thing I did different from Kati's tutorial was that I didn't do a star on the tree.  It was mostly laziness, but I quilted a star on top with the free motion quilting.  Even if it's not yellow, I think it still looks ok.
 This is the second pillow case, without a pillow in it.
 I was also in charge of an activity with some women from my church.  I came up with some no-expensive, cute Christmas presents to be able to make.  We did "brownies in a jar", and

this Christmas tree.  The colored balls on the top are chocolate balls.  You can't get better than chocolate!  Especially Italian chocolate.

No comments: