Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Color wheel Quilt

 This is one of my favorite blankets so far that I've made.  I made it from a charm packs of a color wheel swap that my good friend Kati so kindly sent to me as a pick-me-up present shortly after moving here. I've obviously sat on it for a while.  Then I was inspired by a tutorial by Leigh when my quilt guild I used to belong to hosted a dresden ruler challenge.

I really wanted to have it done and ready for when Karla came so that she could take it as a surprise present for Kati.  I worked a LONG time on it into many nights, but it was complicated and technical and it wasn't ready when Karla came.  I also couldn't print the pattern for it, and made my own pattern.  Don't know if I'd recommend this.  It was way faulty and I couldn't get the squares to match up.  It has LOTS of flaws, but that's ok.  I learned a lot.


I did some echo quilting of the meandering path, and then used yellow as the back ground.




I'll make a confession, I love this quilt so much that it's going to sit at my house and get used until I go home this summer or next and give the gift.  I hope that Kati doesn't mind a gently used gift. :)  I really had hoped to post this after she had it in her hands.  Next time, right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I love it. You're so talented!!

Traci said...

Beautiful! Nice work!

Brianna Smith said...

WOW! What a beautiful quilt~ Great job Julie!!!!!!