Thursday, November 15, 2012

The mommy club

If you don't like stories about EMESIS (that's medical lingo for barf!), stop reading now.  If you don't like stories about brave mothers, that get battle wounds, stop now.  This is not a post to read.

I feel like I'm officially part of the "Mommy Club" if the last 5.5 years and 3 kids, and sleeping about 5 nights total in those years through the night haven't been enough for such a qualification.  Two nights ago Jordan got a case of the pukes.  Lucky for me I decided to sleep with him in his bed and every 30-40 minutes he'd start moaning and then I'd grab him and run for the bathroom.  Lucky for me I have a small house and it was a quick trip to the bathroom.  Gradually the time between barfing got longer and by the morning the puking had stopped.  Didn't even get the bedding.  Pat on the back to this mommy.

I had to laugh and feel like I had my initiation rites into the "Mommy Club" when I noticed emesis encrusted on my hair.  Then a little later as I was washing my hands, I noticed in the bathroom mirror that I had some smeared on my face.  I know, I know.  Waaaaaaay too much information, and totally gross.

Well last night as I was getting the boys into bed it was Aaron's turn.  The only problem is that Aaron is a lot bigger than Jordan and therefore has a greater reservoir of food to barf up, resulting in a lot more barf.  Not only was given another initiation rite into the club, we were both covered in barf.  Seriously.  Even Aaron had it encrusted into his hair.

After a quick bath/shower I had Aaron on the couch and was cleaning him up when I heard Isabel start barfing.  The first about 4 times of throwing up it was simultaneous.  Aaron would start, and then I'd hear her retching.  After that they took it in turns.

Needless to say I've got barf in my hair again this morning, and I've used every clean sheet in my house, plus multiple PJ's and almost all of my clean towels.  I've got a lot of laundry to do. :)  Unfortunately for my husband he woke up at about 11 p.m. to see what's going on.  So I told him.  He gets up around 2 a.m. to go to work, so he headed back to our room.  Less than a minute later I heard him retching too.  He had his own initiation rites, or sorts.   Poor guy!

Sorry folks, no pictures this time.

2 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

I'm chuckling but feeling your pain. Isaac just wretched a few minutes ago after rolling around the floor insisting he didn't feel good. Thankfully he made it to the toilet and flushed immediately afterwards. I'm thankful we have a stock pile of zofran, which I gave him afterwards. I'm praying it was a one time puke.

I hope you and Paolo don't get it too. YUCK!

Scott and Karin said...

You are a trooper! We've had our nights, but I don't think anything quite this bad! Get better soon! And Happy Thanksgiving! We love you!