Friday, November 30, 2012

Welcome December

 I love December and Christmas time.  It also happens to be the birthday month for my little sister.  I saw this awesome tutorial by Colleen (used to go to the same quilting group together) on making this star and then how to put it in a piece of material.  I've was itching to try it.  So it turned into a pillow case for my sister's birthday.

I'm not in love with the way I quilted the pillow top, but that's ok.  Good learning experience, right?  So cross my fingers that my sister doesn't look at my blog before it arrives in the mail. :)  It's on the way now.
So I'm not a professional photographer, but these are some pretty poor pictures.  It's been raining pretty non-stop and couldn't go outside to take a picture.  Isabel made it even harder.  She kept pushing around our clothes hanger and kept moving it while I was trying to take a picture.  Love my one year old!

2 comments:

Brianna Smith said...

haahah! I just watched a video from last year of Taryn pushing our drying rack around! I can totally picture Isabel doing the same!

Scott and Karin said...

Lucky for you I didn't check your blog until today after I got the pillow case! It's beautiful!