Friday, April 5, 2013

Dozza

 Dozza is called the "City of Art".  It's a unique little town about 30-40 minute drive from my house.  It's famous for it's outside murals/frescos and each year they hold a competition to see who's fresco gets to go up on a wall.  It's all modern art, meaning from about the 70's on up.  The modern art on old, antique walls is fascinating.
 I went with these two ladies- Rebeca and Nicola.


 The stair is painted to look like it has a wood grain.
 You can't see it in the picture, but this door was totally warped and crooked, and if you were one inch taller than me, you'd hit your head every time you walk into that door.
 This was my favorite of all, maybe because it depicts where I'm at in life.  There are different phases of womanhood here.
Isabel was a pretty good tag-a-long, especially because she's a very active toddler who doesn't like being still, and she had to sit in a stroller or a car a lot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun Julie! Sardegna is a wonderful place for murals too! I'm glad you're getting out and having some fun.
Love, Beth and Paolo xoxo