Monday, April 29, 2013

I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam-I-Am

 This is a favorite Italian dish for many- a red sauce with these little octopus-looking things.  I've never been able to put one in my mouth before.  Just looking at it and thinking of it wriggle down my gullet has always been too strong for me.  Has always made me gag actually.  Paolo has tried to get me to try and like Dr. Seuss's character, I would turn up my nose and say "I do not like them Sam-I-Am."

Well yesterday we were invited to eat dinner at a friend's house and this is what was for dinner.  Unfortunately I was too embarrassed to say no without ever having tried it before.  So I tried it.
And guess what...  I totally liked it.  I didn't just like it, I loved it!  It's really, really good.  So good in fact that I'd do my best to try and get everyone else to try it too.

So here's another thing to add to my list of things that I should never have put on my "never ever" list.

As and FYI, on mission I swore on my life that I'd never marry an Italian!  Never ever.  They're all mamma's boys and don't know how to lift a finger around the house... or so I thought.  I'm glad that I did marry an Italian, and he sure does help a whole lot around the house!

I guess I should take off the "never ever" list:


  • the one object in my house that I hate cleaning is the toilet
  • jump off high heights (like even the high dive at the swimming pool)
  • pet snakes
  • sea food in general, at least the really fishy stuff.  I can handle mild things just fine
I might end up loving cleaning toilets or go for a career change and become a stunt double, or a food critic for sea food.

2 comments:

Pinspot said...

Hello! This is random, but I saw your comment on the minky post at cluck cluck sew. You asked about washing your cotton quilt top before you backed it with minky. I have the same question- I have an unwashed cotton quilt top and I want to back it with minky. What did you do? What would you recommend? Should I wash and press it or is that unecessary? Thanks on advance!

Pinspot said...

Hello! This is random, but I saw your comment on the minky post at cluck cluck sew. You asked about washing your cotton quilt top before you backed it with minky. I have the same question- I have an unwashed cotton quilt top and I want to back it with minky. What did you do? What would you recommend? Should I wash and press it or is that unecessary? Thanks on advance!