Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My favorite Flower


 I remember when I was a kid that certain facts were very, very important to know about someone.  Things like what is your favorite color?  Or what is your favorite food?  When is your birthday?  How old are you?  I hear that last one all the time from Aaron.

To tell you the truth I don't know what my favorite color is.  I love too many foods to have a favorite one, and I'm young enough to admit that I'm 34 years old.  I DO have a favorite flower though...

It's a weed.  Here it's called a margherita.  Or a daisy.  They're the most common weed around here, and actually kind of pretty.  It's my favorite flower because I get given at least 30 of them a day, mostly from Jordan.  Jordan is daddy's boy and ALL of his pictures are dedicated to daddy, but anytime he sees a flower, he makes a wonderful bouquet for mamma.  He instructs me to close my eyes, and when I open them, he's shoving them into my face, and I beam with joy.




And every once in a while, Aaron thinks of mommy too.  His bouquets are more like a wad, but beautiful all the same.

No comments: