Thursday, March 14, 2013

a vain attempt

In a very vain attempt to do something with her whispy, out of control hair, I tried to put something in it.  It was vain in both the sense of vanity and a small failure.  I tried to coax her into putting them in my hair first.  We did our hair in front of the mirror together too.  She still screamed the whole time.  Our first initiation into being girly wasn't met with enthusiasm but I was able to keep the mini ponytail in her hair for a couple of hours before she remembered it was there.

4 comments:

Brianna said...

I had to put something in front of Taryn (i.e.- elmo, a game etc...) to distract her from running away and screaming at me. It's still a challenge to do her hair but I've heard that if you keep at it, it's a lot better than starting the "Hair doing" phase when they are 5+. Good luck! I think it's so fun -even though our girls don't :)

Unknown said...

OMG! Isabella is getting so big!!!

Unknown said...

WOW big girl! You look so pretty Julie! xo

Unknown said...

THis is Beth (Beth-Paolo is SLC), not sure why my name is not coming up. :-)