Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tonsillitis

I have had a nasty tonsillitis.  Nightmare.  And yes, that is my uvula being put in a full nelson by my tonsils.  It came on rapidly.  The very, very worst part of it wasn't not being able to swallow, or having it be horribly painful.  It was the fever, body aches, chills, hot and cold, headache, and feeling like I was going to die when I had that fever.  I couldn't keep it under control with tylenol and ibuprofen either.

Last Saturday I went to the ER.  That was my first time being an actual patient, instead of an employee there.  I got good treatment too.  They wanted to admit me to the hospital because my white blood cell count was through the roof, and so were a couple of other tests, and clinically there was  a good reason.  But I couldn't do it.  I needed to go home to my husband and kids. We didn't really have any long term kind of help with them, and Jordan has just gotten a fever and started vomiting after I got home from the ER.  Then the next day Paolo didn't feel great either.  Not too surprising since he lives with me, would work all night, come home and not be able to rest because I couldn't do anything anyway.

Long story short, I'm now doing LOTS better.  Only one tonsil still swollen, but I feel a ton better compared to before.  I started to feel better when I stopped having a fever.  A big thanks to my brother-in-law for helping with kids and taking me to the hospital a lot of times for follow up visits, to my friend Alessandra and Rebeca for helping with my kids, and mostly to my good husband who broke his back for me and the kids.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOOO glad you're feeling better! yikes! What an ordeal. Also, I spy some cute pink shoes in the post above :) Darling!

Pedersen Posse said...

OUCH!

Lisa Thornton said...

Wow - did that abscess? It looks pretty close to it. No strep? How horrible. Glad you are feeling better. :) Lisa