Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?!!!


Aaron has recently been really into knowing the time.  What time is it?  How long do I have to play?  How long before we get there?  When does _____ start?....

The consequence to this obsession is that lately he's been asking A LOT, and I mean a lot, whenever we get into the car, "how long until we get there?  How long will it take?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?"  At first it was funny, but it's gotten old pretty fast.

Yesterday morning as we were driving to a place 10 minutes away he kept asking me how long it will take to get there.  After about 50 times in two minutes I finally told him: "Aaron, I'm ok with you asking me how long it takes, but PLEASE don't ask me 500 times.  One, two, or three times is the most that you can ask.  I REALLY don't like it when you ask me so many times!"

Aaron's reply made burst out laughing: "ma scherzi mamma!  Ti piace!!!"  "you're kidding me mom!  You LOVE it!"  And he was very sincere in his belief that I really did enjoy him asking 500 times!  I just laughed and laughed.

3 comments:

Sabrina Gironda Perkins said...

ma ti piaceva no? Le prime volte, ah ah!

Unknown said...

Park went through that same phase! How many minutes? What time is it now? That means we'll get there at... Oh the joys!

Traci said...

This makes me laugh because Curtis is doing the exact same thing now! What time is it now? What time is when we go______? How many minutes is a half hour? Makes me a little crazy! :)